Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011...

Photobucket
Jamie and Ben hosted Thanksgiving this year and it was incredible! Jamie planned for months exactly how she wanted it to be. She stayed up way too late baking and cooking. Here's a glimpse of all her hard work and our special day...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
  Homemade fresh cranberry sauce...


Photobucket
Homemade candied yams...
Photobucket
She ordered mini pie tins so that everyone could have their own personal pie (and took our own personal orders and made several different kinds to accommodate everyone-banana cream for me.)

Photobucket
Ben bought a leg of lamb. He was so excited and found a great recipe but unfortunately the cut of meat wasn't as good as he had hoped.

Photobucket
Jamison whipped up some mashed potatoes. He wasn't a fan of the apron or having his picture taken.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Shawn and everyone stepped up their game this year. Shawn brought a variety of sparkling drinks my favorite being the peach flavored one. He also brought marinated shrimp. Justin brought some specialty cheeses and crackers. They were nice surprises in addition to their food assignments.

Photobucket

Photobucket
After we ate I dropped the kids of at Steve's house for the rest of the weekend and Rich and I got to eat again that evening with his family in Salt Lake.

Photobucket
The wonderful hosts...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Silly mom...

Photobucket
Nice one Zach!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Got to love a post Thanksgiving dinner nap!
Thanks Ben and Jamie for having us... it was absolutely wonderful! I'm thinking it's your holiday for good now! Miss you Jen and family...

Thursday 11/24/11

2 comments:

Stacy and Justin said...

It was so yummy...it could have only been better if I wasn't 9 months pregnant!~

Jamie said...

I have decided that my locks are verging on polygamous...should I keep them and figure out how to do the swoop so we could be a polygamous family for Halloween? Your salad was awesome! Mom took it all home with her so I only got 1 serving. :(